Sunday, June 7, 2015

Summer Reading Week Two...

Bugs and Gardens....

What we're reading this week:

Inch by Inch, by Leo Lionni
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle
The Very Lonely Firefly, by Eric Carle
The Very Busy Spider, by Eric Carle
Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! by Bob Barner
In the Tall, Tall Grass, by Denise Fleming
Over in the Garden, by Jennifer Ward Illustrated by Kenneth J. Spengler
The Eensy-Weensy Spider, adapted by Mary Ann Hoberman Illustrated by Nadine Bernard Westcott
Oddhopper Opera A Bug's Garden of Verses, by Kurt Cyrus
There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly, by Simms Taback
Angelina and the Butterfly, adapted by Katharine Holabird from the TV series
Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids, by David Kirk
Miss Spider's Wedding, by David Kirk
Miss Spider's Tea Party, by David Kirk


This upcoming week is a rather crazy one for my family, so I'm limiting the crafts we'll be doing... but here are a few fun ones I found:

Easy "bananapillars"  by http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2012/07/bananapillars.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TeachingBlogAddict+(Teaching+Blog+Addict)   (we'll be adding peanut butter, because banana's are just sooo yummy that way.  ;)  And I really wanted to do "the lifecycle of a Butterfly" as seen on that link, but I know I just won't have time for it this week.  But check it out, in case you would like to do it, it looks super cute!

  And finally some fingerpainting, because that's always easy and fun.  :)

This Bees art by http://www.craftymorning.com/bubble-wrap-beehive-fingerprint-bee-craft/

 And this garden art by http://lizoncall.com/2012/06/15/20-bug-crafts-to-make/  She has 19 other bug crafts that are darling, so check them out in case you find one you like better!  I simply chose these because I know I already have everything on hand, and as stated before we don't have time for a whole lot else this week.

We'll also go on a "bug hunt" and I'm going to have my children help me weed and water the flower beds.  :)

Happy reading everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment