Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Summer Reading Week 4...

I apologize I have been missing the last couple of weeks.  My husband and I were called to serve in our Church's Pioneer Trek, and it has taken me a while longer than expected to start getting back into the swing of things around here.  And because I'm still feeling behind, this week is short, sweet and simple... and FUN!  We're reading all about dinosaurs this week...

Brontorina, by James Howe, Illustrated by Randy Cecil
How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You? by Jane Yolden and Mark Teague
Can I Have a Stegosaurus, Mom? Can I Please!? by Lois G. Grambling pictures by H.B. Lewis
Dinosaur ROAR! by Paul and Henrietta Stickland
Tea Rex by Molly Idle
Edwina The Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct, Words and Pictures by Mo Willems


At this moment, I haven't had a chance to go scout through my mom's book collection, and our Library sort of disappointed with their Dino books this go around.  :(  But we're still happily reading over here!

As for activities planned:
Visiting our local Dinosaur Park.
And a couple arts and crafts:
Dinosaur bones made from Q-tips!

 And my kids are always happy when they get to get messy with paint.  Handprint dinosaurs it is!


 And if those don't tickle your fancy, here are 50 plus Dinosaur activities to try!  (Link below photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment