Monday, November 18, 2013

Stenciled Sign, and Happy Early Christmas to Me!

So it's been a while since my last update!  I apologize.  It's been one serious ball of crazy at my house the past little while.  My energy has litterally been sucked out of me, and getting the dishes done has generally been my greatest accomplishment in the day.  We have been plugging away at a very extensive project, our Master Bedroom!  It's not anywhere near being complete, but it's finally far enough along that I feel comfortable enough sharing my progress with you.  A post that will hopefully be up sometime tomorrow.  For now, let me share a sneak peak of what will be making it's appearance in my bedroom:


This was a collaborative effort, yet again, by Mr. B and myself.  :)  I was going to do a tutorial on how we made this sign, but my hubby basically took off on his own, and completed cutting the boards, putting them together, sanding this bad boy down AND completed the staining all before I could say "Wait, let me grab my camera!"  True story.  So I can't help you with any of the said above.  However the lettering was very simple.  You can use any stencil, that's all that it is.  But I opted to make my own stencil with my new Silouhette Cameo!!!  For those of you who dont' know, I've had my eye on getting one of those puppies for quite some time now.  I have been pleading with Mr. B to get one for me for Christmas, which he was totally on board with... except for the fact that I wanted it early.  Like, WAY early... June-ish??  I had so many projects building up in my head that I could make with this thing, I just wanted it now!  haha!  Well, it took a lot of begging, and now that it's November, Mr. B finally caved and let me order the dang thing!  YAHOO!  No worries, he got his Christmas gift early too, to be shown in tomorrow's post.  I think that was the final kicker to letting me finally order my Silouhette Cameo.  :)

Anyway, it took a few trys (more like 10 or 11 or 13) to pick out a font that I loved (I'm kind of a font hoarder, so going through them was a bit of a joke) and getting the size right, but once I had it figured out, it only took me a couple of minutes to stencil the disign on.  Now it just needs to be hung up.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment