Friday, September 6, 2013

Mermaid Party...

This has to be one of my absolute favorite themes I have done to date for my little girl!  I was so thrilled with how everything came together for this one.  You just can't go wrong with mermaids.  :)


 As I have mentioned before, I am NOT a cake decorator, but somehow I got pretty lucky when making this cake.  I was more than thrilled with how it turned out.  The bottom tier isn't real cake; it's a cardboard circle shaped box found at Hobby Lobby.  They make actual "cake dummies" but I didn't know they existed at the time.  I used buttercream icing to frost the cake, and those are real (dried) starfish and sand dollars on the  cake (picked off before eating of course) the little tiny pearls are edible though.
 white chocolate put into seashell molds and dusted with edible pink luster dust:  All of these little goodies were set in raw sugar (to look like sand)
 Clam biscuits made from cookies, white chocolate covered raisins, and pink icing:
 Sand dollar cookies (snicker doodles with slivered almonds):
 Sea foam floats, I can't remember the recipe for these, I'll have to go back and look if anyone is interested...
 bubble pops (cake pops)
Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  Toppers I made in photoshop with some mermaid clipart I purchased on etsy.
 The guests didn't go home empty handed, the favors included: Mermaid wands:
 Bubble bath:
 a jar of "mermaid pearls" and necklaces:


2 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Where did you find the starfish?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased the starfish online. And I'm so sorry, I can't remember the site, it was so long ago. I know I just googled it, and found an online provider for cheap. Sorry I couldn't answer your question better. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete